2010年6月10日 星期四

Movie: New York, I Love You



Information
Name:New York, I Love You
Director: Natalie Portman、Shekhar Kapur、Brett Ratner、Brett Ratne、Shunji IwStarrings:Natalie Portman、舒淇、Maggie Q、Shia LaBeouf、Kevin Bacon、Orlando Bloom、Justin Bartha、Hayden Christensen、Ethan Hawke、Blake Lively、Rachel Bilson

Story
This is the movie that combines lots of short love stories that occurred in New York.
In New York, where has many skyscrapers and is the metropolitan city, love can happened anywhere no matter love is short, eternal, accepted, or denied. There are 5 directors present this movie and they show us what their feelings toward New York city.





For example, one story is about a one night stand between two young adults. First, they recalled the memory of their relationship process and later they decide to find each other again in the bar that they first meet. In the end, they reunion and have a happy ending.
Another story is about the love between two races. A Jewish woman marries with a Indian man. The film depicts the different things between two cultures and the obstacles they need to face after marriage.
Also, there is a love that occurs through nowadays advanced technology. In the end, the leading female gives the guy a chance to show up herself and continue their love.
Except this, there is also a story about a man between a prostitute. The dialogue between this two person is bold and full of humor. The offensive and defensive method they use in the conversation will let you feel interested.

Reflection
I think this movie not only just describes the New York city, but also discover the life that happened inside. By presenting the real life instead of too much romantic plots, that’s the reason that this movie can strike many people’s chord.
Of all the stories, one that impressed a lot is the one-night stand plot. I think there are lot of emotion and crashes when I watched this. Maybe because I become a volunteer this year that I can know lots of foreigners more. I really think they are more bold than most of Asia’s people. One proverb they like to say is Life is too short. Therefore, they would not like to waste anytime to enjoy their life. Moreover, from my friend’s description, one night stand really happens commonly in their world. I’ve already know this long before but to see it is totally another thing. Even so, I don’t think I would chose this way to enjoy my life.
To conclude, I think this movie show us the life in modern society. Though you may not like all the plot, however, if one of them can let you have some feelings, this maybe a successful movie.

沒有留言:

張貼留言